Agile, the ability to operate in environments of critical uncertainty, is an essential capability needed at all levels in organizations today. Propagating Agile as a holistic, organization wide endeavor requires a significantly different approach beyond the traditional limited scope of Agile for software development teams.
As First Step of Agile Transformation
Agile Essentials for Teams, Managers & Leaders is a concentrated training program designed as the initiating stage of an organization’s holistic Agile transformation effort.
For Aspiring Agile Change Agents
The training program is also purposed for aspiring Agile change agents to acquire the essential Agile skillset and mindset for bringing back the seeds of Agile into their organizations.
Course contents may vary subject to participants’ needs.
Focus: Agile Teamwork
- Introduction to Agile
- Scrum in a nutshell
- Activity 1: Sprint game
- Design Thinking in a nutshell
- Activity 2: Lego city building game with Design Thinking + Scrum
- Wrap-up: Spirit of Agile
Focus: Agile Communication
- Day 1 retrospective
- Scrum Training: The role of Scrum Master
- How to build an Agile team (1): Creating an emotionally safe work environment
- How to build an Agile team (2): Role playing training for handling critical situations
- Wrap-up: Managers as Coaches, Leaders as Facilitators
Focus: Agile Organization Building
- Day 2 retrospective
- Organization Design: Review of traditional and alternative organizational structures
- Introduction to Systems Thinking: Gaining a holistic view of organization dynamics
- Workshop – Facilitative Leadership and Mental Models: How to build a depository of Mental Models as tools for helping your people dynamically solve organizational challenges
- Exercise – Vision Hierarchy: How to create an organization vision that is genuinely shared and practiced by your people
- Wrap-up: Learning Organizations
The training course is structured as a one day program for Teams, two day program for Managers, and three day program for Leaders.
Managers will participate in the first day with Team members and Leaders, and likewise Leaders will participate in the first and second day with the Team members and Managers. Respective first and second day participation for the Managers and Leaders are mandatory as the course is structured as a continuation from the previous days’ contents.
Day 1 will be activity based training in a large group setting with a cap of 42 participants, Day 2 will be a medium-sized group session with a cap set at 18 participants, and Day 3 will be in a small group workshop setting with a cap of 6 participants.
Chief Coach, agile-od.com | Founder, Lifecycle (operating company of agile-od.com)
Takeshi is a veteran banker and seasoned startup entrepreneur turned Organization Development professional with 25 years of industry experience. Takeshi specializes in Lean & Agile and is an ardent advocate of Learning Organizations. You can read Takeshi’s teachings on https://agile-od.com/insight and view his full profile at https://linkedin.com/in/takeshiyoshida.
Agile Essentials for Teams, Managers and Leaders is offered as corporate and institutional training sessions, as well as open courses for individual and mixed group participation. Contact us for course schedule, availability, cost and other details.
Lifecycle is a Singapore based learning & development and consulting company founded in 2011. agile-od.com is our portal for Lean & Agile Organization Development. Our objective is to help organizations become more creative and resilient by developing a work environment that harnesses the incredible learning power of people.Our Approach (Click to open)