Chief Coach & Founder
Lifecycle Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
I am an Organization Development (OD) professional and coach, trainer, facilitator that works with leaders and teams on complex organizational challenges. I do Behavioral Coaching, Design Thinking, Lean and Agile Scrum in the larger context of OD.
- Learning Complexity Handling: I coach, train, facilitate learning of essential KSA (knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, aptitudes) to professionals for performing in complex and uncertain environments.
- Facilitating Complex Projects: I advise leaders and teams and facilitate learning for driving and delivering mission critical, high stakes projects of complex nature.
- Organization Systems Integration: I design and deliver system-wide Organization Development programs for making change, transformation and innovation permeate and sustain.
I see organizations from five view points: process, people, structure, product and client. Most organizations are well resourced (although efficacy is another question) for the latter two commercial focuses (product and client), so I bring the spotlight to the first three areas for Organizational Capability building. Here are my favorite intervention approaches:
- Process: Design Thinking, Agile Scrum, Lean Startup and any other experimental and iterative approach (e.g. OODA) that are alternatives to waterfall project management.
- People: Behavioral coaching, tapping into the many learnings from Conversational Intelligence, Non-Violent Communication, Radical Candor, Theory X & Y, Appreciative Inquiry, Multipliers and Diminishers etc.
- Structure: Systems Thinking, EBM (Evidence Based Management), OKR (Objective & Key Results), Organizational Ambidexterity, Theory E & O, Innovation Accounting etc.
I conduct workshops and lectures at my alma mater INSEAD’s executive program, and my clients tend to be multinationals and regional large corporates. But I love working with SMEs and startup teams too.
I am also frequently involved in innovation programs between financial institutions and fintech startups, as I come from that background (25+ years combined banking and startup entrepreneurship experience).
Coaching is an integral part of my practice, and alongside individual, team and group coaching work within organizational engagements, I take on a small number of individual coaching clients, ranging from corporate executives to startup entrepreneurs.
At heart, I am a serial entrepreneur, and I concurrently manage a small portfolio of startup projects.
Career, Education & Qualifications
2011 – Present: Lifecycle Pte. Ltd., Founder (Singapore)
2009 – 2011: Barclays Bank, Director (Singapore & Tokyo, Global Markets)
2004 – 2009: Deutsche Bank, Director (Singapore & Tokyo, Global Markets)
2002 – 2004: Bank of America, VP (Tokyo, Global Markets)
1994 – 2001: Morgan Stanley (Tokyo, Investment Banking, Asset Management)
2001 – 2002: INSEAD, MBA, Freshfields Scholarship (France)
1990 – 1994: International Christian University, BA, Liberal Arts (Tokyo)
Professional Scrum Master, Product Owner (PSM II, PSPO), Scrum.org
Certified LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Facilitator, Association of Master Trainers in the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Method
CCC (Certified Competent Coach, School of Coaching Mastery)
ICF ACC in progress (International Coaching Federation, Associate Certified Coach)
CPPC in progress (Certified Positive Psychology Coach, International Association of Positive Psychology Coaches)
KSA (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
Come see Coach Takeshi in action
Jun 26 Wed 17:30~19:00 JustCo 20 Collyer Quay
Jul 3 Wed 18:00~19:30 WeWork Suntec Tower 5
Jul 5 Fri 16:00~17:00 Servcorp 6 Battery Rd 30F
«1 day workshop»
Sep 18 Wed 9:00~18:00 WeWork Suntec Tower 5